Thursday, August 26, 2010

Grandparent's Visit

I'm still catching up with many family visits, trips and photos and I'm so embarrassed that it has been so long.  I don't even know where to start.  Wish me luck!  Let's start with a visit from my dad, step mom and little brother.  He's not so little anymore, he is about 9 months back from his mission.  It was great to see them all and also to have the chance to get together with my stepsister Angie who also lives here near Seattle.  While they were here we ran around Seattle and did many fun things.  Below are some pictures and short descriptions of the activities we did.

One of the first things we did was we visited the Woodland Park Zoo.
This is Kenneth and Karen, my dad and step mom.  Aren't they cute! :)
This was one of the main attractions of the day. This orangutan was enormous and cool to look at!
This was Raphael taking it all in.  He seemed to have a good time looking all around him.  He was three months at the time so it was neat to see him noticing more things around him.
Gabriel's favorite animal at the zoo had to have been the elephants.  We had been reading a book at home where they are searching for an elephant so they were the big thing at the time.  I love this picture.  I was asking Gabriel, "where is the elephant" and this was his reaction.  I love you can see the smile in Enrique's eyes! 
Watching the elephant with Papi!

Here is Gabriel with his new friend Jude.  Jude is my stepsister's little boy who is the same age as Gabriel and they hit it off as soon as they met.  They could spend all day playing with each other and rarely does an argument start.  It's is great to find a friend for Gabriel to play with that he absolutely loves!

On another day we took the ferry over to Whidbey Island to visit a little town called Langley.  It was a quaint little town with several little specialty shops, toy stores, and restaurants.  It is right on the water too and that is where we took the next group of pictures.
This is my brother Andrew.  He is a goof almost all of the time and I love that about him!  This is a famous pose of his that he does in almost all of his pictures.  It is hard to get a picture of him without this smirk.
But I succeeded! :) 
Here is everyone walking around on the beach in Langley checking out the rocks and shells.  The cool thing was that when we passed by this spot again later that day the tide had gone out and the water had receded a couple hundred feet.  It was a beautiful place.
Gabriel and Jude throwing rock in the water.
There were these neat statues of a man and his dog.  Gabriel and Jude loved playing with the dog and petting it.

The next place we visited while my parents were in town was the Seattle Aquarium.  It was fun but I think Gabriel is still a little too young to really get into it all and enjoy the animals.  I'm sure he had a good time though by the look of these pictures. 
This first one I just liked. There were these great mural on the walls as you came in. Loved the colors!
Here is Gabriel playing with the felt boards.  They had a ton of felt cutouts of all the fish and sea life there in the aquarium.  He had a blast and sat there and played for a long time.
Gabriel with Uncle Andrew.  Watch out!  Here he comes to get you Gabriel!
Raphael was there too just hanging out in the stroller.  At three months old he did a lot of hanging out in there.  He was a great baby and did really well with me dragging him all around Seattle.
This is one of my favorite pictures. He sat and played with this hole in the window for quite a while.  He thought it was pretty cool and I did too! 
Swimming with the Orcas!! :) Really he kept climbing up and jumping off of the whale.  He had a good time but the kids behind him wanting to take a picture weren't too happy.
Gabriel with Grandpa Kenneth on a cool carved log like an otter.

The last place that we visited on their trip was the troll under the bridge. I've learned that a good portion of taxes in Seattle are allocated to public art so you will see a lot of statues and sculptures all throughout Seattle and the surrounding areas. In one of the suburbs near downtown there is an enormous statue of a troll hidden underneath on of the bridges. He is known as the Fremont Troll.
Look how tiny Gabriel looks standing by the troll!

No comments:

Post a Comment