Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update

So after my last post we have had one adventure after another. Now, I say adventure but really they have been unfortunate events. First, the toilet in our temporary apartment flooded over, which was discovered by me stepping into the lovely water with my socks on. Yuck! After calling down to the front desk and letting them know about the water they sent someone up with a wet vac to clean it up and then they were going to send someone up the next day to fix the toilet and make sure everything was okay. Well, no one ever came. Luckily we had a second bathroom to use while we where there.

Then, on Jan. 3rd I got sick. Now, for anyone who knows me I am very stubborn when it comes to being sick and I am willing to just let what ever I have run it's course and treat myself with good old vitamin C and other healthy, natural remedies. Well nothing was working. I had a high fever and chills for three days straight before I finally decided, after I couldn't breath without a sharp pain in my chest and back, that I should go to the emergency room and get checked out. Good thing I did because I had pneumonia. Luckily, mom and baby are doing just fine and are recovering beautifully. Although I like to be as natural as possible when it comes to my health and my family's health, I now know that there are times when modern medicine is necessary and next time I won't be afraid to use it.

So, not only did I get sick and have to be hospitalized for three days, the day I was admitted was the day we were supposed to move out of our temporary apartment and officially move into our new house. Enrique, poor thing, was stuck with packing everything up in the apartment with Gabriel in tow, and moving things over to the house. I have to give him major points for how much he has done in the last two weeks when I was in the hospital and recovering at home. Thank you just doesn't do it justice. Love you Enrique!

I also have to say that things would have been much harder if it weren't for our new ward here in Everett. Not only did we have people come over to help unpack all our boxes and organize my kitchen but we had meals delivered for a week and a half and several days were women from the ward would come and take Gabriel in the morning for me so I could rest. It is unbelievable the support the church has given us and how welcome we have felt since moving here. Thanks to our new ward family for all your help!

Things are finally getting back to normal, I am recovered and am now just tired from being 8 months pregnant, the house is slowly getting organized and Enrique has started his new job at Microsoft. It is great to have such mild weather and really not a lot of rain. There have been several days of high 50's and sunshine. We couldn't ask for anything more right now. I will post some pictures of our new house shortly. Hopefully before the baby is born. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment