Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Still waiting...

Today I am 41 weeks, 1 day...and counting. I have heard how hard it is to go over your due date but hearing about it is way different than experiencing it first hand. The anticipation is what gets you. For the last week I have gone to bed each night thinking that "this could be the night" and each morning I have woken up with a sense of disappointment. I never thought that I would be praying to go into labor, knowing the pain that is associated with it but that is exactly what I've been doing. I know this little guy will come when he is ready and I will continue to learn patience each day that we wait.

I had another appointment with my midwife today and I found out I'm only 1 1/2 - 2 cm dilated and the baby is still a little high...not what I wanted to hear. I had my membranes swept and we are hoping that that will get things started.

To top it all off my sister is leaving tomorrow. She has been here for two weeks waiting for me to have my baby so she can help out with the birth and afterwards while I heal but it seems that she is going to miss this one. I can't even describe how sad I am about this and how it worries me to not have her at the birth. I feel blessed that she was able to be with me when Gabriel was born and I feel like I've learned a lot from that experience and I am determined to be stronger this time, even though she will not be there.

1 comment:

  1. aw waiting is the worst! i remember trying everythign to go into labor with kinsley and nothing worked (she was 6 days late). hope your little guy makes his entrance soonn ;)

    ReplyDelete