We were in the Dominican Republic for Gabriel's birthday this year; actually we left a day before his birthday but we celebrated it down there with family. Everything turned out great. I had a lot of help from Enrique's sister and mom setting up the location and the menu. I don't think I would have been able to do it without them there to translate for me. We had the party at the country club so the kids could go in the pool if they wanted to or go play at the play area.
Here is the birthday boy waiting for his friends to arrive and the party to commence. :)
I don't know how but Raphael managed to sleep for quite a while in the sweltering heat. It was very warm that day. You will notice that the pictures after this one you can see both Gabriel and I starting to shine with sweat and flushed red with the heat. There was a breeze which helped out a lot and made the day enjoyable.
The party theme was airplanes since that is what Gabriel is into these days. Here are the centerpieces that Tia Mirtha made for us. They turned out so cute.
I also had airplane cookies made in primary colors for party favors for guests to take. I love how they turned out.
Here is a picture of the kid's tables
Now my favorite part...the CAKE! I love how it turned out. I saw this online and knew that is what I wanted for Gabriel's birthday. The lady that made it did a great job replicating what I found. It was adorable and yummy. It was a white cake with dulce de leche filling. Yummy yummy!!
Gabriel took a break from the celebration, and the heat, to take a dip in the pool with papi and his cousins Cecil Marie and Miranda.
Enjoying some yummy popcorn!
Gabriel eating pizza with his friends.
Gabriel played with his cute little friend Sara for a long time, running up and down the hill, laughing the whole time. It was cute to watch him enjoy himself so much.
Time to sing "Happy Birthday"...
and blow out the candles...
and of course Gabriel play a ton on the slides and swings. It was a wonderful party and I think Gabriel enjoyed himself which is all I wanted. :) Happy 2nd Birthday Gabriel!!
No comments:
Post a Comment