Gabriel continues to amaze me as he gets older and I see him making strides in his language development. The last week or two he has been more active in trying to tell us what he wants and also copying what we say. We've been actively trying to teach him new words to things that are around the house and things we do. The other night we had pizza for dinner and it was cute to hear Gabriel utter the word "pizza" although it wasn't perfect, he pronounced the word with a "th" sound for the "zz", but he was so proud of himself and he continues to try and say new things everyday. Another word he learned from Enrique was "bus" or as Gabriel says it "bu-th". They came home the other night and Gabriel was so excited to share with me the word he had learned on the way home with papi. So Cute!!
With the arrival of Raphael, one of the things he says a lot is "baby...down" as he points to the bouncy seat for me to put him down. He has adjusted well to our new addition but I can see him struggling every once in a while when he wants me to do something with him and I can't at the moment because I am nursing. He has also started whining more...sounding very much like the baby...in an attempt to get my attention. All in all though he loves his little brother and is excited to hold him and give him hugs and kisses. I couldn't ask for any more. I am so excited to see them grow up together and become great friends and even though I feel overwhelmed at times and I'm not sure how I'm going to take care of everybody and everything yet, I know that I will figure it out eventually. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment