Friday, March 19, 2010

One week down...

I've made it through my first week by myself with two kids and frankly I am exhausted. It's not just having to take care of two kids during the day and try to keep up with the house, but its having a two week old with major gas issues and cries out in pain and can't sit by himself for more than a few minutes without needing to burp or just be held. And...because of his tummy problems he thinks he needs to nurse constantly. This is colic right??? All I know is that if I don't burp him often during feedings, those air bubbles have to go out the other end and that is what is causing most of his discomfort. But even burping him doesn't guarantee he won't be pain free. Uggh! Well, what can you do? I've been doing some research trying to find some things I can do to make it better or at least bearable for him, and me. I found this stuff called ColicCalm the other day and I'm hoping I will get it either today or tomorrow. The reviews swear that it works and works fast so I'm eager to try it.

Other than the gas issues, Raphael is doing great. He is holding his head up a ton now and that little bugger is strong. :) He's starting to get chunky in the face and a double chin is starting to appear, which I'm sure is due to his constant nursing, but he is adorable and we love him to pieces. Gabriel continues to be a GREAT big brother and helps me out around the house (see photo below). He will come tell me "mami crying" every time the baby is crying and he will go over and bounce the baby in his bouncy chair. I've even seen him kiss Raphael on the head and touch his head softly when he is crying, trying to sooth him. ADORABLE! He is getting very good at expressing himself too and let me tell you, he has a new look that he does where he rolls his eyes and looks away, all while sticking out his tongue. He chooses to do this when you are telling him to do something he doesn't want to do. I will have to try and capture it on video or camera because it really is hilarious, although I'm sure we won't be laughing for long if it continues but for now Enrique and I can't help it.

Well, anyways, here are a few random pictures that I wanted to post.
Would this be considered child labor??? Gabriel loves to help sweep the floor. After we eat he will run and get the broom and proceed in "sweeping" or dragging the broom all over the floor. This picture was the first time I've seen him holding the broom correctly. :) He really is a great help around the house and right now that is wonderful! :)
I think babies are so irresistible when they are sleeping. Here is another one of Raphael taking a nap in his bouncy seat for the first and only time.
Raphael enjoying some papi time getting some much needed z's for both papi and baby.
Gabriel was chasing me around the house wanting to look at the pictures that had been taken so I turned it into a game and got some cute shots. Sorry about the brightness of this picture but it was worth posting anyways.
This was Gabriel asking me so very nicely to look at the pictures on the camera. Looking so sweet and innocent. :)
Papi invented a new game that Gabriel loves to play. It is called "stand on the stomach of the person laying on the floor and jump off". I had to be careful when I was still pregnant not to lay on the floor without keeping an eye on Gabriel because if I wasn't careful he would have climbed right up on me. This is a fun game though and as you can see on Gabriel's face, he LOVES it!

1 comment:

  1. I know the boys had really bad gas when they ate so i bought this stuff at walgreens and would add it to their bottles (or you can just feed it to them with a dropper) its for colic. i cant think of the name but its just with the baby stuff.
    that sweeping pic is adorable. my boys fight over my broom. i even bought them their own brooms but they dont think they are as fun as mine.

    ReplyDelete