Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lawn care...

I have to share with you all how proud I am of Enrique. He mowed our lawn today, (this was his FIRST time ever mowing a lawn) and he did such a great job. Yes, I said the first time ever! Up until now we have lived in townhouses where we never had to worry about taking care of the outside of the home. Now, we are renting a beautiful home with a fenced back yard and small front lawn that needs tending to.

So, since the grass in our back yard was becoming a forest we (meaning Enrique) decided we should figure out what we need to buy in order to maintain our new yard. So, Enrique set out last week to find a deal on a lawn mower and found a good used one and brought it home. Thank goodness Enrique has a knack for figuring out how things work, cause he was able to get the mowing running and get the bag to actually catch the grass like it is supposed to. It was funny afterwards when Enrique told me that it was harder than he thought it would be. Now he knows that you can get a good workout from mowing the lawn, and I may just find him out there on a regular basis. I think he said I get to do the front lawn next, which I don't mind one bit because I actually like mowing the grass. He may have to fight me over that chore. LOL! :)

I'd just like to reiterate what Gabriel was yelling through the sliding glass door as Enrique was mowing the lawn..."Yeah Papi!!" Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

  1. Lawn mowing by yourself is the best as nowadays it has become very costly to get good help to maintain a property. Even if one does manage to find some decent help, the prices that they quote will be really high. You don’t have to worry too much also because you will do your best to keep your backyard looking good.

    ReplyDelete