Sunday, March 21, 2010
My first bath..
My sister once told me that she loved the smell of a newborn baby, and because of that she would wait as long as possible before giving her babies their first real bath. I never quite understood this until I had my own babies. There is definitely a distinct smell that newborns have and I too found that I wanted to preserve it for as long as possible. Now this isn't to say we didn't clean him. He has had numerous sponge baths since he was born due to his skin peeling so bad (due to him being over baked) and also due to taking one to many pee showers. :). Well, we finally gave him his first real bath a couple nights ago. Below are some pictures from the exciting event. Even Gabriel couldn't contain his excitement as he waited in the bathroom.
This is a "Home Alone" moment...minus the aftershave....Gabriel was very excited to help give his little brother a bath. He didn't really help, he just looked on from afar and make faces at himself in the mirror.
You have to love the pictures when they are screaming bloody murder. He only cried for the first little bit and I think it was because the towel he was laying on might have been cold. Oops! I was thinking it would help keep him warm but I may have been wrong. The other purpose for the towel was to give him some more cushion and to keep him from sliding down, for that it worked just fine. I'll have to rethink using the towel next time. If you have any suggestions please let me know. :)
This was the adorable look he gave me once he stopped screaming. It's moments like these, when they look at you with such wonder and curiosity that makes all the crying, feedings every two hours, lack of sleep, and pooping worth it. Motherhood IS truly a blessing even if it is hard to see during your many moments of frustration and insanity. Yes...today was a rough day for me, but I'm trying to stay positive. I just try to remember what an important job motherhood is and know that I CAN do it! I've believed that we are given trials in our lives to learn from and Heavenly Father knows our strengths and weaknesses and He doesn't give us anything we can't handle. Remembering this always comforts me and helps me stay positive. Well, tomorrow is another day. A day to cherish and love my boys (all three of them) with all that I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
melissa & enrique!!! what beautiful babies you guys have!!!
ReplyDeletelove the blog -- the picture of him screaming is hilarious...
congrats and have fun with all those boys!!! :)